Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New Year: New Blog.

I figured I would go ahead and write my annual new year blog. I just noticed that I haven't blogged since June, and assuming there is at least one person who reads it, my bad. I'm in a weird place this year. This was a very busy year for me, and it seems the same for everyone else. I have a few goals for this year. I don't like calling them resolutions, I feel as if that is lame. The first is like everyone else: to LOOSE weight! Not only that but to just get healthy! It seems as though I thought I could eat whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted, without exercising and nothing would happen. Boy was I wrong! The Lbs just piled on. So I have already signed up for weight watchers, I have also been to a meeting and have been sticking to it pretty well.
The second goal is: to GET BACK IN CHURCH! on a regular basis. I compare myself to where I was last year at this time with my christian walk, BIG difference. I was a leader for a young adults ministry and in church at least twice a week. Now? I work on Saturdays and Sundays. Yes, I know they have services on Saturday night and I get off around 3 so I could go if I really wanted. To tell you the truth, I don't really want to. In November I resigned as a leader because I was so burned out. Not only am I burned out on ministry but I am a little burned out on Church all together. I am so tired of the way christians treat each other that it makes me not even want to go at all. (However I did go to Gateway Sunday night and it was good.) I have to admit I feel a little numb inside. I don't really care about anything right now, except school.
The Third goal is: to learn to say NO! I have a hard time admitting to others and to myself that I cannot or don't have to time to do something so I overwhelm myself trying to do everything and be everywhere. This year I am going to calm down and take a day off every week.
The fourth and final goal is: just to be a better person all around. I get so wrapped up in myself all the time, that I forget about others. As most of you know I don't beat around the bus and have a zero B.S. tolerance. I tend to like that about myself but I do think I could be a little more considerate with the feelings of others. I wouldn't necessarily like to be talked to the way I always talk to others.
So there it is, maybe not as profound as last year but I cannot even describe how difficult it was to even make myself write this. Happy reading and hopefully more to come soon!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, good luck on blogging this year. i get sluggish as well but i force myself to blog at least once a month! great goals, good luck on those, especially the God one!

    I'm Juan BTW, just out looking for new blog friends, please feel free to check out my blog and comment on stuff. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete